1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Here Is My New To Me Truck.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by DeereFarmer, Aug 31, 2006.

1. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I picked up my truck on Monday, but have not had time to post the pics. So here it is. 2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4X4 Lariat Crew Cab. This thing is loaded, it even has a 6 disc CD changer. I didn't really want a loaded truck, but I knew that this was the truck for me. It is in perfect shape. Has never towed or worked a day in it's life. I bought it used at the dealer where it was sold and it only has 55,700 miles on it. Full service record. The previous owner only used it to commute back and forth to work. Why I don't know. After 150 miles, mostly around town, I am averaginf 14.7 MPG. A lot better than I thought. I know it is not a diesel, but it is great for what I need. I got it for just under $21000 out the door including tax, title, inspection, a 3 year 36,000 miles warranty, brand new brakes, and a trailer brake controller.

Truck1.JPG

2. DeereFarmer

and again.................

truck2.JPG

3. DeereFarmer

#3......................

truck3.JPG

4. DeereFarmer

Final one........

truck4.JPG

5. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Not too shabby. Very clean. Hope she treats you well.

6. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

nice truck its a lariat so you have to keep it really nice but that v10 will push some snow

7. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Are you sure it's not an '06. That thing is spotless. You will love the leather, it is easy to keep clean and dust free.

8. bdavis

bdavis Member

What finally happened to the 93 I sold you!!

9. DeereFarmer

Thanks for all the comments guys. It sure does look like an '06 and I love the leather... it is soo conftorable and easy to clean. How is it going Brain? I had to trade in the '93 to get something bigger. Our farm has taken off and we need something thank can pull 10k+ lbs. When I decide to buy a plow at some point I'll give you a call or drop you an email. I still have all your info!

10. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Nice looking and what a well kept rig. It looks that way now. Did you have it detailed? lol

Best of luck with it.. Not bad mileage.. still waiting to see what you get when babying it all highway.

11. winged1dur

winged1dur Senior Member

Good looking truck! Slap an 8'6" XtremeV on the front and it will look even better. BTW I hope you take it off the farm once and a while and into the big city. I bet you could sqeeze 4 babes in that Crewcab!

12. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

FTO congrats! Nice lookin ride!

It's probably going to take some getting used to going from your short wheelbase GM to that monster!

Good Luck with your new ride!:)

13. DeereFarmer

Didn't have it detailed Yaz, that is what the dealer is for! An 8'6" Extreme V would be so great on that truck. I can squeeze five babes plus myself no problem! Big Dog D: It has taken a little getting used to, but I parrallel parkes it yesterday for the first time. That was fun. Only four tries. It is long, but I feel like I have driven it for ever. I just now hate parking spaces. I am used to driving long trailer and UHaul trucks, so I have a ittle advantage. What I like it how high you sit up. You can see much better out the front and back. I pull my 14' long dump trailer today, so we'll see how it goes and if there are any battle scars. I think i should be fine.

14. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

Very nice, clean truck..and low mileage...you will love that V10! that truck is super nice and at a great deal..good job on the purchase

15. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Very nice truck FTO. Congratualtions! You wouldn't want to trade it for an '88 1/2 ton Ram would ya????? ;) . Nice buy!

16. DeereFarmer

Hahaha... no matter how bad the mileage is on this truck it still beats those Rams! I'll hold onto this one for a while. How is you truck coming Bansky?

17. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I put the "new" hood on and painted the plow frame and grill. It finally looks like a truck again. I worked on some wiring earlier tonight. I am going to paint the fenders black and the cab and hood a dark red or burgundy. I need to start gathering material for a flat bed. I posted a repair ? under truck repair. Take a look and if you have any ideas, let me know. Thanks bud. Congrats on the truck again.

18. J29

J29 Senior Member

Congrats

FTO,
    Very nice truck. I can't believe how clean it looks for an 01. Best of luck with it. Let us know what kind of blade you plan to put on it. J

19. DeereFarmer

Thanks Bansky. Ahh the dreaded mid to late 80's Dodge wiring. My truck was such a mess. There were more dead end wired in there than there were usable one. I could have sold it to a wire scrap yard for more than I paid for it. I'll check out your ? and see what I think. Good luck. Hope ya get some snow to use it in this winter. From the looks of things it might be a cold one!:bluebounc

20. DeereFarmer

:D
    I am going with a Fisher for sure, but that is all I know for now. I would like an stainless X-Blade just because I think they look really good, but also wouldn't be against just going with the regular 8' or 9'. What size would be recommend? I was also thinking the 8'6" Extreme V. At any rate, it won't happen until probably next summer anyway. I am going to work really hard tog et this loan paid off in under a year and see what I can do plow wise. Truck first, then plow.