1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Here is comes

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by GeoffD, Jan 3, 2003.

1. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

This is what I get to break my guys with first thing this morning. Its going to snow, 10-20"

2. 4 Saisons

4 Saisons Senior Member

only 3 for here in the forecast, but, this is better than nothing...

radar show a lot of activities around great lake and east coast this morning.

Around here, we have a proverb going like this" the third is doing the month"...looks good for january.
  3. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

8 to 12

Another 8 to 12 for metrowest boston .....they just keep coming !
  4. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

They say 2"- 6" here along my part of the CT coastline.
    Guess they are just hedging their bets:p
  5. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

8-12 total here they are saying,we'll see.
  6. wyldman

wyldman Member

We were supposed to see 8-12 overnight,but only got 3-4,with another 3-4 coming today into sat morn,mostly lake effect i guess.
  7. flakesmeangreen

flakesmeangreen Senior Member

Storm forecast started as a 3"-6" storm a few days ago. Last night I went to sleep with a forecasted 6"-12" storm & woke up this morning with a forecasted 1'-2' storm! Wow! What a difference a few days make. Looks like a good beginning to a new year.

8. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

I've seen 3-6" here on the coast to forecasts of 10-12" from NOAA. I'm guessing we'll get 4-6".

9. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

I'm getting jealous/desperate

It looks like another fizzle for here. Last night we were due for storm totals of 4-6". NWS has an advisory out this morning which says maybe 2" by the time it's over. Local weatherguesser is calling for 2-5 here with more south of us (again). I'm not getting my hopes up, will know more what it will do in 24 hours.
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2003
  10. KLMlawn

KLMlawn Member

Not calling for anything of signifigance here today, but possibly 2-4" by tomorrow morning ... we will see ...
    Hope for just enough to hit the trigger but not enough to call it work ...:D
  11. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Got in a complete salt app from last nights ice, sleet & snow. Break in radar here right now, but looks like it should start back up as plain rain for most of the day. Then they are saying 3"-5" tonight. That's a great kind of 2 day storm if it pans out. I'd rather have that heavy precip during today be rain, instead of the heavy, wet 12"-16" it would be if it stayed snow here. NWS says the snow to liquid with this storm is 7\8 to 1. Good luck to everyone who gets ice or snow!! payup
  12. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

inch or less thats what i have been hearing along the coast for the next two days.who knows what these weather guys are thinking.
  13. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

14-22" here through mid sat. morning,after 3 feet+ last week,i would just as soon see 3-6"but i better not complain in front of some you boys:nono: ,at least i'm out there:D
  14. DanG

DanG Senior Member

Arc Burn,
    I'm in the same situation as you.
    We had almost 3' on Christmas and now they're saying 10-18 for this storm.

Our seasonal total so far is 47" our average for the year is under 70" so we're taking a beating here right now.

Having snowstorms every 5-7 days and some ice storms thrown in to boot.

Good thing all my big contracts are per push/ per inch.

Making some good money so far but would be nice to have some time off to relax too.Still haven't had time to do anything with the kids since Christmas.

15. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

The latest here said 10-16 inches. Good thing I finished up removing from my commercials last night. Supposed to get another good one on Tuesday. I can't wait!!!!
  16. PPM

PPM Junior Member

Hey all, just thought Id let you all in on whats going on in toronto, richmond-hill , and markham ONTARIO, Ive been out since 2 am its now 2pm and its still snowing good Im guessing 20 cm with another 10-15 falling today. We havent had this much in one shot for a long time ! Im lovin it . Cant tell you how happpy I am with my set up WESTERNS ROCK!!LOL.. Im going to sleep now, ill be up around 2am again!! everyone have a great day!!

BTW Im not seeing many pics in action whats up wiht that??
  17. OffRoadPlow

OffRoadPlow Senior Member

Mid Michigan

This would be one of the many days not having a day job would rock. So the weather station said we got 2 to 4 as a recap, but predicted 1-2 last night. So this morning I go out and 4-6 everywhere I check. As the 7am mark gets near, normal contracts done, I went home, dropped the blade and drove into work, yep, lot's of money passed up on the way in to my "job". UGH. 1' in front of most drives and lot's that had not been pushed at that time from the DOT plows. A couple of pullouts and almost tears, as I had to just let them go. I would quit the day job if we had 300" every year... WOW...

If I won the Lotto, I would still plow... :D
  18. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

Still no snow this year in Northern Illinois...still depressed... still upset.....still.well you know
  19. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

First flake just touched down, its comming, no turning back now.

20. cutntrim

cutntrim PlowSite.com - Veteran

We'll be heading back out to clean up in about an hour. We had maybe 6" here but other areas right around us got significantly more due to lake effect. Plowed 12:30am-9:30am last night and will probably need only half that amount of time to finish tonite.