1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Here is a new one...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Krider, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Krider

Krider Junior Member
    from MA

It took me a sec to figure it out, but yes.... they just cut a big a** tire in half and made two pushers out of them... :laughing: hey, whatever works, right?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c3npHkIM38E&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c3npHkIM38E&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
  2. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

They do that on farms to get the poop at least the one mike Rowe was at.
  3. Krider

Krider Junior Member
    from MA

here is another video that I found. I didn't think it merited a new thread but I did think it was worth posting...

This company sure knows how to spend money!! Looking good though, for sure.:nod:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4ZRMPE-vtH4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4ZRMPE-vtH4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
  4. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

i like the 2dt viedeo, but the 1st one isnt a bad idea if your starting out on bog commercials or only need the bob cats 1 once a year on big storms.
  5. TerrForms

TerrForms Member

Do they need any outside supports on the sidewalls? Are the tires just bolted on to the quick attach plate?
  6. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

7. oman1999

oman1999 Senior Member

I'd have to say that is a great example of recycling and ingenuity.

Looks like the tires clean well, don't damage the pavement and are efficient.

Heck, when one side gets worn, just flip em over. Basically 3X recycling of what is usually a hazardous waste material.
  8. bub3020

bub3020 Member
    from ma.

we used 1 for a barn scraper for years,on cement it worked great. i imagine blacktop would wear it down quicker though. hey whatever works for u is good!
  9. ferdinand711

ferdinand711 Senior Member

whatever floats your boat.:drinkup::drinkup:
  10. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

gittin r done at its finest
  11. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

x2. Some family friends have one for their Gehl to clean out their 2 dairy barns. It works as slick as sh*t. :D
  12. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

OMG. You see the snow blower bouncing snow off the cab of that Mack??? Wonder how the dozer lags work on the pavement, or atleast what does the pavement look like after??

Nice looking stuff though. Even the older stuff was in good shape.
  13. farmer101

farmer101 Senior Member
    from indiana

last time i was at the local new holland dealer, they had to of thos assemblys sitting in the lot. i dont know if they were for sale, or if they were used to push gravel with
  14. Cassy

Cassy Senior Member

that's awesome!
  15. Krider

Krider Junior Member
    from MA

16. KJ Cramer

KJ Cramer Senior Member

We ran them on the Dairy farm and they are awesome to push manure around with in a freestall barn, they have a frame work on the top to help keep stuff flying back at the cab and a rubber deflector on the top leading edge and the frame work bolts to the tire and welds to a bobtach plate.

They suck on dry surfaces like whats under snow before salting, and they suck all around at pushing snow. I have tried and it'll push small amounts wet and heavy would be ideal, fluffy crap the tire will vibrate across the surface and you will get all these little ridges where snow escapes, no matter how much pressure you put on it. Also they wont get up the hard pack or ice, it wont scrape up tire tracks at all. The width isn't any wider than a wide bucket anyways, your better off with a bucket vs. those in my opinion. The tire is meant to push slop around, so wet heavy snow would work.