1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Here goes, newbie planning for profitable year

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by duane1982, Aug 10, 2008.

1. duane1982

duane1982 Member

Hi,

I'm starting to plan for my first "real" year of snow plowing. I plowed residential driveways last year with a 1993 f150 with a convent. western. Still have the truck but it's got over 200k on the inline and power the last winter month with it was about nil. I bought a 1999 f350 powerstroke that has a chip 4" stainless exhaust 315/75/16's on it. It also came with a 9.5 fisher ez v plow setup with a fisher tailgate sander. Here's my questions:

1-Is the plow too wide to do residential?. I know it scoops but this truck has no turning radius at all.

2-I think I have a decent setup to do commercial but what do I need to be prepared for?
    Is there a formula for bidding comm?. I thought it was 100/hr but I'm not sure with fuel skyrocketing. The 2 jobs I'm thinking about are little gas stations in town with relatively small parking lots and one has 2 gas pumps the other has 6.
    3-Is there any parts I should stock up on besides pins shoes and hoses with the ez v and sander?