1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Here comes the snow,....

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Alaska Boss, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Alaska Boss

Alaska Boss PlowSite.com Addict
    from Alaska

Well, it's that time of year again, when the leaves are falling,... the nights are freezing, and there's fresh snow on the mountain tops almost daily. The tallest mountains (over 10,000 ft) have heavy-permanent snow now on them already (1st picture), but the close & lower ones, such as the ones right in my backyard, get dusted all the time now, and are still going thru the snowing/melting cycles for a couple more weeks yet, before they start to build up their permanent yearly blanket of white,....

3 (Small).JPG

4 (Small).JPG

5 (Small).JPG

2. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

Just snapped a few pictures as I drove down the road from my place today,... and looking at the new snow from last night,...

6 (Small).JPG

7 (Small).JPG

8 (Small).JPG

3. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

Back on July 29th, we had fresh snow here that came down right to tree line,.. twice as low as it is now,...

9 (Small).JPG

10 (Small).JPG

11 (Small).JPG

4. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

Many gorges & valleys and even just patches still have snow left from last year's avalanches that isn't going to melt before it gets covered up with new snow from this year now,...

12 (Small).JPG

13 (Small).JPG

15 (Small).JPG

5. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

It's close enough now that we could get our first snow all the way down any time now,.. even tho it won't stay for probably a month yet,... but it's almost time !! :D:redbounce:waving:

16 (Small).JPG

17 (Small).JPG

18 (Small).JPG

19 (Small).JPG

Last edited: Sep 16, 2008
  6. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Wow you make me so happy, it must be so nice to live up there! Thanks for the pics!:waving:

7. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

nice...:nod:

8. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

I wonder daily why I moved back to Chicago from Colorado...

9. jimaug87

jimaug87 Senior Member

Those are some beautiful pics. That's why I have a place in Vermont, so I can wake up to scenes like above.

10. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

Those are some good looking pics there boss.

I am in Smithers B.C next week and will be making the drive up to Hyder Alaska. I will be there for two days doing some sight seeing. Judging by those pics we will see fall colours and maybe even some snow. Are you farther north than Hyder? If not maybe I'm goa have to make a pit stop at your place and check out your boss and blizzard plows, who knows maybe even try them out:rolleyes:

11. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

i love your pics

12. JBMiller616

JBMiller616 Senior Member

Really nice pics!!!

Sometimes I think I might like to live up there....................

13. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

Everyone & everything is north of Hyder,... lol. You almost can't be south of Hyder & still be in Alaska. I'm wayyyyy farther north than there. Hyder is at the very southern tip of the "panhandle", and is only approx ½-way up thru British Columbia. There's nothing there the same as where I'm at,.. there won't be the colors like around here, no freezing temps, no snow yet,.. I doubt even on the mountains, except possibly the very tips, etc. But if you've never been to the Pacific coast,.. you'll still enjoy it,.. :salute:

14. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

How far up in Alaska are you AK boss? Going by the pictures of the roads it looks like you live in the middle of no where.

15. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Absolutely gorgeous.

16. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

somebody get tim a rag, he just wet his pants.

Very nice pics. cant wait till we get some of that stuff

17. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Great pics! Snow in CT. that will be the day. LOL

Last edited: Sep 16, 2008
  18. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

:cry: we'll show you JD...just wait

19. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

I'm in the area known as "south-central". I'm south of Fairbanks (which is approx right in the middle), but north of Valdez (which is on the coast). There's only one road here in this area & it runs between those 2 towns. The "other site" had a map feature where members could pin-point their location on a map of North America,.. which was kinda cool,.. everyone could see right where everyone else was located,... always wondered why this site didn't do something similar,.... :rolleyes:

20. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

how far north are you? looks like talkitna(sp)? or alittle father north? EDIT, you allready awsnerd haha

here in anchorage we're still in the 50s during the day and 40s at night....wont see snow till mid october...sadly :(

we are seeing some at the tippy tops of the moutains :)