1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Here are some pictures of last storm

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by merrimacmill, Feb 22, 2010.

1. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I didn't take them, I hired a guy to come in and video and photo us. He is doing new websites, print, logos, promo videos, etc for us.

Heres a few cool ones, enjoy

febsnow_webres_037.jpg

febsnow_webres_044.jpg

febsnow_webres_065.jpg

febsnow_webres_042.jpg

febsnow_webres_032.jpg

2. merrimacmill

from MA

more pics

Heres some more...

febsnow_webres_009.jpg

febsnow_webres_020.jpg

febsnow_webres_047.jpg

3. merrimacmill

from MA

and a couple last cool ones I'll post for now of the skid stacking after the storm..

febsnow_webres_061.jpg

febsnow_webres_062.jpg

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Snow looks photo shopped, you probably only had an inch of snow!;)

5. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

So what equipment that you have is out doing resi's?

6. merrimacmill

from MA

Come on now! haha. We had a good 8 inches I'd say that storm. He did a lot with the shutter speed and aperture of the camera and all that stuff to give it that really dramatic effect. However, it really was snowing pretty hard.

7. merrimacmill

from MA

I don't do resi's. I only have 2 driveways and they are both owned by people that own commercial lots we plow, so we have to do them.

8. GMCHD plower

Ohh I was under the impression that you had more then 2. How many commercials do you do?

9. merrimacmill

from MA

Well I did have many many more than 2, but there is just not enough money in it for me. I dropped them all 2 years ago now. And all I do is ***** about having to do the two we do now.

I'm not sure the # of commercials off the top of my head, but its more than enough to keep my equipment busy, and the lowes that we do really keeps us all busy. Its just a bunch of gas stations, office buildings, retails stores, pizza huts, etc.

10. GMCHD plower

Do your tractors mainly stay at lowes?

11. merrimacmill

from MA

And all the other small acre plus lots we do up and down the same road.

12. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

That's just the cutest little ProTech I've ever seen.....

jk, nice operation you got there. You say you hired this guy to take pictures of you eh? Sure seems like the only way to get any photos of yourself actually working.

Didn't you make a few videos yourself earlier this season or last? I remember you having a smaller JD tractor and no red chevy or case then....looks like your doing well!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  13. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

very good and professional quality photos good job man

14. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Awesome pictures colin! I cant wait to see some videos, I already made one and put a few random ones up plus I am making another one now

15. GMCHD plower

How much fuel do you figure the bigger tractor burns during an average storm?

16. merrimacmill

from MA

I really don't have a exact answer, but last storm I ran it for 18 hours straight and burnt well under 20 gallons. Those things are awesome on fuel.

17. GMCHD plower

Oh ok, sorry for all the questions just you seem to be doing really well and eventually I hope to have a set-up like yours.

18. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

So whats the plan for the older 1500 come summer? Was that one of those too good to pass up deals, I remember you saying it used to be yours at some point right? Have the bigger purchases like the tractor and skid been as beneficial as you anticipated or are there any regrets / things you looked past? Impressive as always, must run in the name :drinkup:

19. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Yea Eh! It seems like my M59 is a diesel guzzler! $50 of fuel will last approx 6 hours in full use.

20. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

HEY GMCHD, I thought u wanted a setup like I had! LOL, but you do like those Tri-Axles & backhoe tho, Eh! :p