1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Herculiner on salt spreader?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by BossPlow2010, Nov 30, 2011.

1. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

I was just wondering if anyone here has used herculiner, or other products such as Rhino liner on their salt spreader frame, to prevent rust. Seems like it make work if I sand blasted it first so it had more of an abrasive surface. (Its a snow ex 1075)
    Your thoughts-

Regards

2. Moonlighter

Moonlighter Senior Member

I use spray on undercoating on my motor plate, electric motor, the underside of my spinner and chute. I will let you know this spring how it lasted I got a SS unit.

3. tjjn06

tjjn06 Member
    from Ohio

I have wondered the same thing many times. This year we cleaned it up (snow ex 1075 frame) and sprayed on some Rust Encapsulator from Eastwood. I have been really happy with there Rust Converter and Encapsulator products.

http://www.eastwood.com/rust-encapsulator.html

4. CCL LLC

CCL LLC Junior Member

It should work I just put the herculiner in a month or two ago in one of my silverados. It seems to be holding up to everything I have been putting it through. Just check the temperature that you can apply the product and make sure its ventilated if you do it inside or else you can get a free high.

5. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

I've done it, it too will eventually peel off....
    Mine lasted 2 years before it started to peel, then took another 2 years before it looked like sh!t..