1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hep with this bid please ASAP!

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by srl28, Aug 13, 2009.

1. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Posted another thread about my dealings with springwise on this bid. Due tomorrow, need help pricing it out for the season and per push. guy before us did it with a small dump and 2 medium sized backhoes. We ll most likely have a hyundai 730 loader with 12ft pusher, 1 small dump and 1 pickup. Roughly figured out the total sq ft at 585,000. Less the size of the building I'm coming up with about 401,000 square feet of parking lot/paved area. Snow must be pushed to either end of the lot, no snow stacked in the middle. Walks done with Calcium Chloride, 2 inch trigger. Please help, trying to figure out what seasonal would be and I can back into their per event price request from there.

springwise bid location.jpg
  2. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

I might be able to help

What size plows will be on your trucks? Are there any speed bumps or parking curbs involved between rows? That will be a long push all the way across the lot with any depth at all.
  3. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Pickup will have an 8footer or 8,5. dump has a 9 or 9.5 no speed bumps. But they do have little curb islands in the lot so its not all one big straight run although there are some sections where u can go the whole 900 ft or so non stop
  4. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

If you are still online call me

You can reach me at 800-845-0499. I think I have the number of hours for you. Just have a few questions. I ran it through my estimator.
  5. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Thanks again Wayne, Very very helpful!!

Now they want it broken down three ways, per event, per event ice control only, and lastly seasonal...Ugh this is getting so confusing!

Any other opinions or suggestions?
  6. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Wayne's profit software help you.