1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Henderson wiring

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Muddinguy, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Muddinguy

Muddinguy Junior Member

Hey there guys im not sure ive ever posted here i mainly just read and follow your stories..
    Anyhow I'm working on a henderson Vbox spreader.. got everything rebuilt and working good. now it's the engine and electrical. since I have no literature on this thing and they want it done yesterday so I dont have time to wait for one from henderson.

My question is how does the controller get power and how does the electric throttle work ?? There's 6 wires coming from the spreader blue yellow green brown black and red.. yellow is the starter green is the clutch blue is the ground.. black is for grounding the coil and killing the engine. so ive got red and brown left over.. I would assume one would be 12v + but no such luck. I have to basically make a controller with switches in the cab for this thing and need to know how i power the switches and how to wire the red and brown for the throttle.

2. vinnys

vinnys Senior Member

O.K. here goes. Motor side, GREEN clutch, RED elec. throttle "B", BROWN elec. throttle "A", YELLOW starter solenoid, WHITE ground, BLACK engine kill switch. Truck side female. **FROM BACK OF PLUG*** M white, S black, RT green, LT yellow, GD red, A brown. On controller BROWN is HOT with FUSE. White is ground. You can call Henderson and get all manuals for free. 319/927-2828. Remember, you have to look at the truck plug from the back or the wires will be reversed. Need more help, let me know. Vinny

3. Muddinguy

Muddinguy Junior Member

Well the plug is cut off hahaha.. but my main concerns are where do I get 12v+ to power the clutch and starter for the switches since the spreader has its own power supply. and how do I wire a switch for the throttle ?

4. AGW

AGW Junior Member

Controll box is wired into truck fuse box and grounded to frame

5. Muddinguy

Muddinguy Junior Member

gotcha Thought i was gonna have to grab it from the truck harness.. So to operate the thottle am I just applied to throw power and ground to the A and B wires and it'll throttle up then idle without the power ?

6. AGW

AGW Junior Member

7. Muddinguy

Muddinguy Junior Member