1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

henderson spreaders

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bel-nor, Dec 26, 2012.

1. bel-nor

bel-nor Member

found a new (2010) henderson fps8 stainless steel 11hp honda. holds 2 cu yards. the asking price is $6000.00. any advice would be great. It will be place in a chevy 3500 HD
    4x4 dual rear dump body.
  2. m_ice

m_ice Junior Member

I dont know much about them but seems high to me. I was talking to a friend that is a western dealer and he has 2 new western tornados and I think he is asking 5400 for the 8'
  3. vinnys

vinnys Senior Member

Buy it!!! Been running one since 1998 with a Briggs. Yep, 98. Good quality, stainless and great motor. Assuming it comes with controller and tie downs. Offer less in cash and don't look back.
  4. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

electric driven auger vee boxes rooool. not a big fan of gas powered conveyor chain driven . jmo
  5. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I have the mild steel version of that spreader. Its a good unit, and has been put through the paces without too much trouble. However, there is nothing overly special or unique about the unit either. Compared to what else is on the market, even in stainless, $6,000 is way to high IMO. I got quoted $4,700 on a shipped to my door Swenson stainless unit brand new. I will be ordering that pretty soon.
  6. bel-nor

bel-nor Member

thanks for all the advise. the henderson and snowex 7550 will be the final choices. then the next decision is western mvp plus 8.5 or pro plus 8.5. I don't want to have to upgrade anything over the next couple years....ahh be broke now and recoop gradually if if we get snow.