1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Henderson RF controler

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by tastebeer, Dec 20, 2010.

1. tastebeer

tastebeer Member

Got a new Henderson spreader with the 'new & improved' RF controller, had trouble getting signal to engine. First time loaded with salt, everything stopped working. Henderson is sending the old style til they get the bugs out of the new one. Anyone else had similar problems or am I the original guinea pig?
  2. snowman223

snowman223 Junior Member
    from NH

henderson rf system

Had the same problem with the old system. Not sure about the new system but sounds like they are still working on the issuse. We are using the in the cab control box now and have no issues. The RF systems seem to work good when in the shop and when we were not plowing snow. Seems to me the problem is the location of the RF system outside in the weather.
    We tryed the system because of not wiring just to one truck. But one lesson learned computer and RF work best inside in dry uses.

The saleman sold us on the possibles of the RF system.
    Not sure why you would not research before buying. A guinea pig is a sucker that thinks they know what is best. Research shows that you do not buy anything that is still being tested. When making money means your equipment is up and running. Down time means no MONEY.
  3. tastebeer

tastebeer Member

Good info, I wanted the RF because it was not dedicated to one truck, but I know the hard wired system works, I will go back to tried and tested method.