1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Henderson Chief spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by csalvi, Aug 25, 2010.

1. csalvi

csalvi Junior Member
    from Boston

hey guys just getting back into the loop for the winter season and was thinking about buying a used henderson chief SS spreader, not sure of the year/ model. Obviously hoppers in good condition but motor, chute, and conveyor are just about junk. Since its a close friend selling it, i can get it for 200 bucks but i know im gunna throw some cash into it to get it running. Does anyone know any henderson Chief parts dealers in MA? i cant find anything online. Thanks guys -chris

2. vinnys

vinnys Senior Member

Buy it FAST!!!! Even if you put 1K into it you are still way ahead. Been using one for six years now with on prob. Henderson has a parts place upstate NY. I have a # just have to find it. Make sure it is SS and it has the incab controler. Cant go wrong with Henderson.

3. LON

LON Senior Member

I can hook you up w/ any needs you may have. I'll try to remember to e-mail you a parts manual in the morning. I keep a large supply of parts for the FSP spreader.

4. LON

LON Senior Member

Does it have an 8, 8.5 or 10hp Briggs on it? That will date it if there is no tag.

5. csalvi

csalvi Junior Member
    from Boston

8.5. i know its worth it for 200 but i gotta make sure i get those commerical accounts before i buy it! i think its an 8 footer though shouldn't be a problem with my 6.5 ft ford bed right?

6. LON

LON Senior Member

going to put a lot of weight behind the rear axle as the load moves back. Not something I would recommend if someone stopped into my shop. Unit weighs approx 700# with most of it on the tail-end.

7. LON

LON Senior Member

if the 8.5 runs good keep it running that way. That hp engine is no longer available and has to be replaced w/ a 10hp Briggs IC that is larger and requires a bigger engine cover.