1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hemi Is Out, Cummins Swap!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by S-205, Oct 20, 2012.

1. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

Oh and I swapped the rest of the truck too.

CIMG0240_Edited.JPG

CIMG0242_Edited.JPG

CIMG0241_Edited.JPG

CIMG0243_Edited.JPG

CIMG0244_Edited.JPG

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice looking Cummins. How do you like the 6.7L? Are you going to put a plow on it?

3. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

I am really excited about this truck, the exhaust brake is awesome. I love that it has the floor shifter for 4wd and not the electronic switch. Transmission cooler will be great, the torque is awesome. I just hope it doesn't have any of the typical modern day diesel issues.

CIMG0245_Edited.JPG

CIMG0246_Edited.JPG

CIMG0247_Edited.JPG

CIMG0248_Edited.JPG

4. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

The Cummins is awesome, especially when coming from a Hemi. Of course it will get a plow! This is Plowsite isn't it? I am undecided on a plow, coming from a Wideout, and an 810PP before that, I am trying to keep it simple and minimize downtime. A straight blade with wings is probably what will end up on it. Choices for wings are a little minimal though. Its one of the those things you do research on over and over but really don't get a whole lot.

5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Vee or wideout are ur only choices

Nice truck

6. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

Thanks! The truck is nice but it still has rubber floors, the floor shifter. No Nav or anything, I really like it. Its set up how a work truck should be.

I would probably never buy a V, its a straight blade with wings or another Wideout. I considered the Blizzard 8"6" Speedwing. I just would love to have less moving parts.

7. 2_Djinn

2_Djinn Senior Member

Pro plus w/ wings ?

8. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Nice ..... was that a spray in liner from the factory or somebody else?

9. MarkEagleUSA

MarkEagleUSA Senior Member

Nice rig!

One thing I've noticed on the new Dodges is that there's a whole lot of door skin and "short" windows.

10. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

nice looking truck

11. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Nice rig..Thumbs Up

Although I just can't imagine owning a truck where I couldn't find the engine....

I'm sure some day I'll cave...:blush2:

12. DieselSlug

DieselSlug PlowSite.com Addict

Very nice truck. Lots of goodies under the hood!

13. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Oh come on, that thing is practically begging for bigger tires

14. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice ride!

15. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

I like the suggestion, but I'm thinking about a Blizzard Speedwing.

Its from the dealer, I really hate stealership add ons, because they're such a gimmick but this had it on the lot.

Yeah I agree, I don't love the look as much as some of the older ones but it came as I wanted it.

I pray that I won't have to work on it.

I've really been trying to get that thought out of my head, I'd love to to put some 33's at least, but the necessities come first.

16. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

As for the plow.... Please look into the V plows. A staight blade on a Cummins is comparable to pulling a single axle sled trailer. Simpilly not enough volume of snow per push.

Nice truck and have fun but not too much with the engine. No chips please, your trans will not like you.

17. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Sweet new truck man best of luck with it!

18. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

About that bed liner .... Mine was factory installed. The finish started to split. Ford said they would not fix it because the installation was not faulty. This is true. The damage happened because I do a lot of hauling. Had I known this, I would have gotten a Line-X which has a better warranty. Find out what the warranty is on your bed liner. Hopefully you have a better warranty than I do.

19. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

Thanks, the Speedwing carries more snow in scoop mode than a V would, and when its angle it is more productive to use for longer accounts. We need to be able to hold large amounts of snow a fair distance and the V is alright for that IMO but a winged plow holds more. And no chip for the White Stallion: WARRANTY!

Thank you sir.

I will look into it, I tend to shy away from putting things in the bed. A quad goes in every now and again, hand tools. A tarp goes down before any brush or anything goes in. If I need to carry alot, I have a dump trailer or a single axle to put things in.

20. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

First real test of the truck was today on my maintenance route. It pulled the trailer awesome, its a lot smoother than my gasser was.

Things I don't like: The tailgate has that dumb curve to it and when I lower it, it hits the jaclk on the trailer. It will probably do it with all my trailers. The tow/haul button isn't on the shifter, its under the radio. I don't love the mirrors but I'm sure I will get used to them.

Other than that, it is awesome, the brake controller it came with is a ton better than the last one I had to install in my 2500.

CIMG0250_Edited.JPG

CIMG0253_Edited.JPG

CIMG0254_Edited.JPG