1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

helppp????

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by broketruck14, Feb 1, 2009.

1. broketruck14

broketruck14 Junior Member

i have a 87 chevy one ton dumptruck 4x4 that i had a 8 foot meyers old style play on it... well the engine gave out on me and i want to put the plow on my 94 dodge ram 1500 4x4. is it possible and can some one plz give me some ideas on how to make brakets for for plow to fit on my dodge. i took everything off my dumptruck. some plz helpme i need to get this on by next week any pictures or advice can help like i said i have everything off the dumptruck and i took pictures of everything 030.jpg
    031.jpg
    032.jpg View attachment 52313
    View attachment 52314
    View attachment 52315

030.jpg

031.jpg

032.jpg

2. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

theres no way ur gonna pull it off thats a classic goes behind the bumper. and ull still need a new harness. go to the nearest meyers dealer and have them in stall an ez classic with the tubes looking for 500 for the mount 200 for the harness thats just a guess

3. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

Find a dodge truck similiar to yours with a plow on it and see where the brackets are mtd on the frame and adapt!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Any good fab/welding shop should be able to make short work of that without charging you too much. Or like was already suggested, hit local junkyards, craigslist & ebay, see if you can find someone that has the older framework you need for the Dodge.

5. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

If you can find a Dodge like yours and see how the brackets are made then modify/fabricate to get yours to match.
    FWIW, sounds like you have a C8 plow. That's pretty heavy for a 1/2 ton pickup.

Here's the classic mount for your truck. You can at least see where they bolt to the frame.
    Dodge 1/2 ton

6. Tommy10plows

Tommy10plows Senior Member

Forget it. Do it the easy way, Go to your local salvage yard and get another Chevy engine and put it in the truck.

Cheaper, easier, and you still have the dump body and 4x4 if you need it.

Pull the hood off, take the engine out, swap it, and off you go. You can do it in a day if you have a good oak tree to pull it !

7. Skid Mark

Skid Mark Member
    from ny

i agree w/ kgr landscaping good luck!

Chevy avalanche 1500 w/western midweight poly 7'6''
    bobcat 753 w/steer plow 7'

8. snowblowertruck

snowblowertruck Member

There is a way to do it, it just has to be figured out. I've made some of the most impossible stuff work and work well. But it most definately will cost you some $$$$$$ to have a fab shop do it for you. Your cheaper route will most likely be a different engine for your Chevy.