1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Helping a 77yr old man

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by sparky8370, Dec 1, 2007.

1. sparky8370

sparky8370 Senior Member

I responded to a craigslist ad for someone looking for a set plow mounts for a 2003 chevy. I accidentlly committed myself to buy two sets of mounts for my 01 from ebay, so I figured I'd sell the second set for just what I paid. Except he has a half ton, so they won't work. We get to talking, and he's trying to get his wiring working. He took his module and wiring off his 2000 chevy and put them on his 2003. He said that only his low beams are working now. I told him I thought I remembered reading that there was a change in the polarity, so that the common on the headlights changed from neg to pos, or vise versa, and that he may have to clip the connectors off and switch them around. I told him I wasn't sure though, and recommended this site to him. He says he doesn't really know much about computers and I agreed to pass on any info I could find.
    So what do ya say, got any advice to pass on to this guy?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic