1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Helpful Sidewalk Tools

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by KFX450RXC, Oct 28, 2014.

1. KFX450RXC

KFX450RXC Member

I'm all about "working smart, not hard". And I've been watching and reading you pros from up north on tips and tricks to making things easier.

In the past, sidewalks for us just mean shovels. That's it. But this winter we'll have a new Polaris with plow. Plus I read a great tip on using backpack blowers when possible. Duh!. I have several and it makes perfect sense but we never even thought to pull one or two out during snow removal.

Now I have a possible idea. I have a Stihl Kombi tool I use for hedge trimming and I also have a tiller for it when planting flowers. But what about this thing on sidewalks to help out.

http://www.stihlusa.com/products/multi-task-tools/accessories/kombisystem-attachments/kmkbbristle/

Or maybe this guy.

http://www.stihlusa.com/products/multi-task-tools/accessories/kombisystem-attachments/kwpwrswp/

2. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

Those will work, I have the paddle one but do not use it.
    this is faster - the SnowPlow Snow Pusher — 36in.W, Model# 50536 / go it 24 if more snow.
    If that will not work I bust out the small 16" Toro Blower, If that is not big enough I go with the 21" Toro and if that will not do it I use the Ariens Track Drive 16hp Two Stage. Last year I never used it.

3. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

With any wind I think the snow will be in your face
    Might be good on steps
    If you going use for walks I think would be a waste of money and time

In winter time easy work is running a paddle blower not packing a power broom
    Buy a 418 or the new 518 Toro blower its light weight compact fit inside a truck They will drag your a$$ around in 5'' and under snow fall

4. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

I have both, do not spend your money on these items for snow work. Buy a quality single stage snow blower it will blow snow, the paddle blades will push a small amount of snow but you will be about as quick with a shovel. It is a good product but wrong application. Really save your money.