1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Helper Springs

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by alamarc, Nov 11, 2005.

1. alamarc

alamarc Member

2. alamarc

alamarc Member

Anybody have any ideas?

3. LDA

LDA Member

Timbrens are always a good choice, do a search you will find lots of information

4. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

what are you putting them on and what are you trying to do? If it's a 1/2 ton go with what LDA suggested! Many posts on this subject:redbounce

5. alamarc

alamarc Member

Like it says above its a 99 tacoma

I considered teimbrens but they only help with sag. Im looking to reduce axle wrap too.

6. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

Hey why don't you ask Maine snomans--Same truck he's installing timbrens--see what made him go this way! I'm bad missed that 99 tundra on first post:rolleyes:

7. alamarc

alamarc Member

lol no problem

8. Runner

Runner Senior Member

The full time helpers are a great way to go if you are hauling heavy loads often, but for the money and performance, Timbrens are hard to beat.

9. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Timbrens only help you not sag as much with a load as they are just bigger bumpstops. To increase spring load go with the full timer helpers.

If your truck can handle what you plan on doing then go with timbrens. If you want to add more weight and not worry about a spring breaking under the stress go with the helpers. Timbrens will not help your load ability helper springs will.

10. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

my father in law added the helpers to an old Ranger long bed that he hauls firewood with .....it added about 50% more weight capacity..... worked great!!!

Derek

11. alamarc

alamarc Member

Yeah i thought about timbrens but that will only help with sag. I also want to reduce axle wrap and adding on to the springs will help. I think thats what im going to do.