1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Helper springs for gmc 2500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by gallden, Dec 15, 2011.

1. gallden

gallden Member

Hey guys we've got a wide out on an 03' gmc 2500HD, and we're looking to get some helper springs for it. Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

You mean Timbrens? You are pretty limited Timbren, Buyers, Sumo, and not sure if Airlift still makes them.

3. gallden

gallden Member

I'm not much of a mechanic, I guess whatever is going to ease the load up on the front for the plow and back of the truck for the counter weight. Thanks again.

4. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Give the torsion bars 4 turns and get a set of Timbrens for the front and nothing for the rear. You can use some washers to shim the Timbrens down so they make contact sooner. Also a set of gussets on the frame would be a good idea, use the search at the top of the page for "frame gussets"

5. grf_1000

grf_1000 Senior Member

i just put a set of sumo's on the front of a d-max. i think the ride is much better then the timbrens. they give you the "no sag" and a little better ride over the timbrens.