1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Helper Springs a little help please

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ford6.9, Dec 3, 2008.

1. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

I have a F350 SRW that I am going to be running a 2 yard salt dogg in. I am looking for helper springs to keep my truck from sagging. I found the hellwigs but was wondering if anyone had bought something along the lines of what i am looking for online.

Not interested in air bags, I don't need anyone to have a reason to stay a couple extra minutes getting the truck ready, Its a work truck and the ride can be a bit harsh.

2. dggrass

dggrass Junior Member

springs ?

I use Timbren hollow core springs. They are hard rubber pieces that you install on the frame and they sit 1" from stops. This system does not effect every day ride but will help with heavy loads. I just installed a set on my 1990 f350. this took less than 1 hour to install. Just loaded up 3000lbs of salt and pulled my 20 ton trailer, with a CK25 Kioti
    tractor/backhoe on it with no major sagging of rear end. Hope this helps you.
    Dave