1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help!!!???

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by JDWalkbehind, Jan 21, 2010.

1. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

Ok i have a 96 F250 with the dana 50 i really want a dana 60 for it. Now i found one from a 96 for pretty cheap, but it came out of a dodge? now i know dodges had coils in the front and ford has leaf springs but is it possible to put it on my 96 without too many complications? I know you have to weld spring pads on but what else would i have to change on the axle? Is it even worth messing with? any input would be great.thanks

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I would bet it would take some skill to get the angles right and weld it without warping the tubes. (The seals would have to be replaced from heat damage?) Then the drive shaft to it may be a different length and U joint size then you have.
    Sometimes cheap parts end up not being so cheap.

3. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

seems like a lot of work.
    the trackbar on the dodges are in front of the axle vs ford is behind. dont know how the brakes would interchange,or the yokes on the drive shaft. id keep looking unless your into big projects. another thing is do you know what gear ratio it is?

4. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

ok talked to the guy today said it had like 3:56 gears i think? i looked at a dodge about this year and it looks like it would be ridiculous to do.:dizzy: Way more than i thought to change over, it was pretty cheap and it looked really good, but owell guess ill just keep looking for a ford dana 60. thanks for your input and help guys appreciate it!:salute: