1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by elizra18, Jan 16, 2010.

1. elizra18

elizra18 Junior Member

so im brand new to the plowing community and i have just baught a 1992 full size blazer 1500, as well as an older style 7.5 ft meyers plow which runs off of a hydraulic pulley system that is under the hood. does anyone by chance know of anyone who could install this plow for me? im located in central mass
  2. NW Snow Removal

NW Snow Removal Senior Member

I would retire now before all the bad stuff in your future that is bound to happen actually does. that old equipment is sure to fail and leave your customers angry wishing their plow guy had a reliable new truck like he should. I would never hire a driver with a truck more than 10 years old, but prefer to have all 2004 and newer.
  3. plowking15

plowking15 Member

Hello elizra,I have the underhood fisher plow system. I like it better then the electric plows . It can push and stack piles like crazy. The lower pulley goes in front of the harmonic balancer. Don't know anyone who could install in your area. Like was said,older trucks can be unreliable,just start out small and get some buds who can cover for you. plowking
  4. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

Dead on, new trucks NEVER break down, warranties are useless. :dizzy:

Try to realize that you are posting in the "Newby" section of the forum, one of the places here where it doesn't hurt to cut a poster a little slack. Besides, if he sticks around, he'll probably know more than you within months anyways.

PS, I hate being a Dink on here, but they just may feel compelled to delete your crap post when axxing mine! :rolleyes:
  5. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

ya cause new ones never break down, my older trucks are more reliable than alot of peoples new ones. the last new truck i bought was in for warrenty repair 4 times in the first year.one time was in the middle of winter and it was down for 3 weeks for an electric problem, truck was bought new in mid july and this was in mid jan. good thing i had one of my OLDER trucks for a back up.
  6. You must be one of those "my truck is better than yours" snobs I see on the roads every storm... My 97 Dodge Ram 1500 has not failed me yet and let me tell you I push it to the limits...

elizra18, I went to Meyers website and searched a Mass zip code I know and got the following results. These should get you started or sent in the right direction.

236 MAIN ST.
    BUZZARDS BAY, MA 02532
    Phone: 508-759-3760
    Fax: 508-759-5480
    Email: costalmotors@comcast.net
    Web: http://www.coastalmotors.net

Distance from 02538: 3.749 miles.

WEYMOUTH, MA 02188
    Phone: 781 337-1713
    Fax: 781 331 2747
    Email: jackrunco@aol.com
    Web: http://www.westernperformance.com

Distance from 02538: 33.685 miles.

2304 POST ROAD
    WARWICK, RI 02886
    Phone: 401-739-2001
    Fax: 401-739-2244
    Web: http://www.capcityofri.com

Distance from 02538: 41.347 miles.

PEABODY, MA 01960
    Phone: 781 662-0406
    Fax: 781 662-5752

Distance from 02538: 54.537 miles.

87 HIGH ST
    DANVERS, MA 01923
    Phone: 508 750-6799

Distance from 02538: 56.571 miles.

SHREWSBURY, MA 01545
    Phone: 508-842-0866 EXT. 232
    Fax: 508-842-3309
    Web: http://www.mhqtruckequipment.com

Distance from 02538: 65.184 miles.
  7. bob00

bob00 Senior Member

you don t relly need anyone to put it on for you those old set up are dead simple to instal and fix and by instaling it youself you get more familar with it when its time to fix it go get the instalation manuel get the part you need ( for this ebay is you freind ) and have fun
  8. rosswidebeef

rosswidebeef Member

Ive made 3000 this season as a side job in a $300 1993 chevy blazer thats been beaten to bits time and time again with no heat with a $175 plow thats broken twice with a 50 dollar T5 plow pump. I'm doing fine and have only had two complaints due to me not getting snow and not realizing someone else did. has it broken? sure! maybe I just know what I'm doing but in the end. I have a hand shovel and buddies. ;)
  9. rosswidebeef

rosswidebeef Member

btw drive that truck and plow out here we'll figure somthing out
  10. MattR

MattR Senior Member

I think the OP already does know more. Elizra already saved money by buying used over paying outragous monthly payments on a new truck. NW Snow Removal needs to come back down to Earth (or share whatever it is he is drinking and/or smoking) because for some reason, he thinks that new trucks do not start to break down until they are about 10 years old. Either NW is on something or that new truck dealer found his repeat sucker....ooops I meant customer. :laughing:

Elizra... Do not let comments like NW made affect your activity here. Good Luck and have fun plowing.