1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MLB, Feb 23, 2003.

1. MLB

MLB Senior Member

I hooked up the plow around 6:00 and did a bit of plowing on my street, parked it and went in. Snowing hard and blowing alot but only in the low 20's temp wise. COme out at 10:00 and nothing works on the plow! It just makes a loud click from under the hood, doesn't sound like a frozen thing to me???????????????
    We go out in THREE hours and nothing is open!!!!!!!!!!!
    FIRST BIG STORM OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!
    :realmad:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2003
  2. MLB

MLB Senior Member

plow

is an older Western cable type that was serviced in Dec. No problems with it before.
    ANY ideas???????

3. Grazzmazter1

Grazzmazter1 Junior Member
    from .

Find out where the noise is coming from. Sound like the sylenoid. A simple 15$ fix.

4. MLB

MLB Senior Member

yeh, simple

I think I've pinned it down to that. Simple
    Oh yeh, it's SUNDAY and we start plowing at 3:00AM.

I'm going to miss the biggest storm this year for a $15 part........:realmad: :realmad: :realmad:

5. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Check that the main battery feed connection is both clean and tight at each point from the battery, both sides of the solenoid, and at the pump motor. If that's OK, check the ground strap.

6. Grshppr

Grshppr Senior Member

MLB if you need a solenoid you might be able to borrow one off another vehicle to get you by.

7. MLB

MLB Senior Member

GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Took all the connections apart and wire brushed, greased, retightened. It was between the solenoid and the pump :)
    BEAUTIFUL !!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just helped me make about $500 today :)

(sure wish I'd gotten some sleep. but I'm not complaining!!!!:drinkup:

8. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Good. And after the storm, go buy the solenoid & keep a spare in your truck. They go bad all the time when using them for plowing. Hopefully you had fun & made some money.

9. MLB

MLB Senior Member

I'm buying

their spare parts kit too :)

10. roblandscape

roblandscape Senior Member
    from Phila

Glad to hear it worked out for you. I had twenty one inches fall here last weekend, everything that could break.. broke 2
    snowblowers, bearing in the truck, had about 3 hours down time getting stuff fixed

This is my first year plowing, I learned to have back-up parts and loads of tools on board.

Plow the snow and when your done, plow......:D

11. MLB

MLB Senior Member

A mans work is never done :drinkup: