1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help!!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by iceman13, Nov 15, 2009.

1. iceman13

iceman13 Junior Member

ok so im another new guy on here, im not trying to get some legit truck and run a huge operation. im simply plowing a few residential driveways for old people in my neighborhood. I do live in Utah on the east bench where we get a lot of snow. i want to get an atv with a plow for my work so my questions to anyone willing to help me is this...

1) What is the minimum cc or horsepower required for snow removal on an atv?

2) What kind of plow do you get for the front thats the most affordable and does a great job?

thanks

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Welcome to PS
    Try looking in the "atv" forum

3. over40dq

over40dq Junior Member

Hi Hydro
    I'm new here too, but I do have experience with an ATV/plow. I have a Bombardier CanAm ATV with a winch. The CC is not as important as having tires with chains. I live in WY where we get a LOT of snow and found myself stuck more often than not. Also, using the winch to raise and lower the blade- get ready to repair the winch cable often as it snaps frequently. I plan to get a hand-raise manual blade instead. Hope this is helpful.

4. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

i have seen a 250cc with a plow on it do just fine. most important thing is to make sure your suspension and drive train are in good repair and well maintained, then tires must be very good. you don't have very much weight on there so it needs the best traction it can get.

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

With an ATV plow with the snow and don't wait till it gets 6" deep