1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice
  1. 1999 GMC 1500

1999 GMC 1500 Member

Hey guys, i'm going to start a snow plowing buisness this year i need some help... how would you price drive ways etc. If you guys dont mind that would be AWSOME:)
  2. 1999 GMC 1500

1999 GMC 1500 Member

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Call around to other snow plowing companies and give the a driveway size and see what they say. Or charge 25 bucks.
  4. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

bumping after 6 minutes. lol

I'm with grandview. Call around to your competition and ask them. Better yet, pretend you are the customer and have them come out and look at your driveways and then you'll know exactly what to charge.
  5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Read other posts about pricing.
    It varies from area to area.

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Hey hydro. Since yer around I have one for ya. I have this big lot I need a price on. What would you charge?
    Here's a pic with the arrow showing the lot in question.

Big lot.jpg

Big lot.jpg
  7. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

do you drink??? maybe ask for a case of beer for each driveway,
    heres what i charge
    dunkin donuts - 1 cup of coffee and their new sausage egg and cheese sandwich, if they want salting ill do it for a bagel with cream cheese.
    gas stations: 10 gallons of diesel
    be creative bargaining is the best way to go screw the IRS, they get enough of my money!!!
  8. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

I searched "PRICING DRIVEWAYS" and it came up with 10 pages worth of answers. Give it a try.

With the information you provided, or lack thereof, you are going to get answers that tell you to charge anywhere between $1 to $1,000.

Are you hand shoveling? Have a snow blower? An ATV? Truck with a blade? How big are the driveways? What is your overhead? What are your maintenance expenses? Do you have any employees? Are you charging per push, hourly or seasonal?

I used to think that some of these guys were A-HOLES because of the answers they gave to guys that come here and want all of the work done for them. Now, I am starting to agree with them.

Do some homework and figure your cost of doing business. That should be your #1 starting point.
  9. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Bump!!! lol
  10. nekos

nekos Senior Member

I actually drop the plow when i go to my local Dunkin Doughnut for coffee. They always give me a sausage egg and cheese samich for doing it ! :cool:

I noticed your in Northbrook. If you do that Dunkin Doughnut on Lake Cook you need to tell them to stay open 24/7 when it snows. It sucks being right across the street all night and not being able to pop over there for a coffee at 3AM !
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  11. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Hey Reaper. I will do ANY lot for $25 and if it is a new customer I will take $10 off.
    Driveways run about $8 with $3 off for new customers....lmao
  12. NorthernSvc's

I hear ya WTF! im right down the street from that one, im on dundee... i have to go all the way over to milwaukee and lake st for a decent cup o coffee, the owners over there have asked me to do a single push through in exchange for a cup and bagel or something of that nature... it's hit or miss. i got no problem i have to drive in and out anyways might as well get some free sheit out of it.
  13. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Sooooo... you'll plow a dunkin donuts for ~$5.00 and salt for an extra $3.00 Talk about looooooooooowballing:realmad:
  14. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

+Talks self away from edge of the cliff+ Please Please Please search.
  15. NorthernSvc's

w/e, i don't pay insurance, i don't pay taxes, im not a real business, i plow for fun, and i steal whatever i need, not my fault i can do the work for less than you, huess im just a better businessman ( im kidding by the way...)
  16. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

If I quit paying insurance, workmans comp and hid all of my stuff from the repo man, I could probably push snow for $15 an acre.

What do you mean PROFIT??? Thats not allowed anymore.
  17. nekos

nekos Senior Member

I always go all the way back to B.G. The one on Dundee right across from the high school. And don't get any ideas, I better not see you plowing their drive threw and stealing my free sausage egg and cheese croissant ! :gunsfiring:
  18. NorthernSvc's

lol, no contracts on that side of the universe, i don't go past 294 i would waste more money just getting to that DD. but who knows what tomorrow holds.. j/k :laughing: