1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help!

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by kwerdal, Jan 7, 2009.

1. kwerdal

kwerdal Junior Member

I am installing an older E47 unit on my 95 Dodge I have made some of the frame brackets but I am getting ready to mount the flanges doe the bar the plow pins to and I dont know which side goes up! does any one know?

Thanks

Kevin

Forum1.JPG

2. artic429

artic429 Senior Member

it sits just like that. youll have to guage how far up you want that bracket on there because you dont want you a-frame blade mount to pinch your hydr. lines.

3. artic429

artic429 Senior Member

And Im not for sure on how far down your brackets are going but if they are too far down, dont forget to put some heavy kickers on the back side of your mounts. Other than that your ready to go out and wait for the snow to fall.

4. kwerdal

kwerdal Junior Member

Does anyone have a picture of how the light \ lift bar mounts? (this came off a Blazer) also how high off the ground should that bar be? I already have frame brackets for the kickers but i need to get this front cut to size and tacked up before I weld the braces in.

Thanks again guys!

Kevin

5. artic429

artic429 Senior Member

As long as the lights are far enough over the plow so you can see down the road, you are ok. Are you making this from scratch or what? All that stuff (mounting bracket,lift arm,light bar) should be one unit basically.

6. kwerdal

kwerdal Junior Member

I have the lift frame that the pump sits on and the lights are on but I have to mount that to the frame and those brackets I do not have would be nice to see a pic of how they are dome from the factory, also I want to know how high off the ground the plow a frame mounts should be.

Kevin