1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by rayray61, May 30, 2008.

1. rayray61

rayray61 Junior Member

Hi just bought my friends truck with a snow plow kinda old not sure how old or what kind,, but I was testing it and it turned left but got stuck and will not straigten or turn right.. It does go up and down.. Not familiar with this kind of thing can anyone help me?
  2. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Pictures of the plow and mount would help. Also any more information on the plow itself would be good. I know that someone can help here you just have to give the correct information and pictures is a HUGE help! Good luck!
  3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

First, check the hydraulic fluid level. If low - add fluid or (better yet) flush and refill reservoir. Try operating the plow. You may need to bleed the system, but often they will "work" the trapped air out. If it still doesn't angle properly, go online to the brand of plow you have and look up the mainentance manual for it. But my guess is low fluid level letting air into the lines.
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it's a Meyer ;)
  5. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

LOL that is funny.
  6. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

7. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Its funny but watch it buddy I got myers
  8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

And so do I Clap. :angel:
  9. AHammen

AHammen Member

that would be a good thing, that means it will be easy to fix
  10. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

wonder why this got moved to for sale section???
  11. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

it is in the repair forum, not the for sale section
  12. krazeehorse

krazeehorse Member

If it's a Myers clean the connections going to your solenoids. Three wires if I recall properly red green and black. Unplug them and plug them back in see if it angles properly. If not check your solenoids.