1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by psdiesel24, Dec 7, 2007.

1. psdiesel24

psdiesel24 Member

Ive got a 97 ford 250 with the 460 and a myers plow. When ever you lift the plow or angle it and also used a load tester on the battery the truck spits and sputters and back fires. Its only got 56000 miles the alt. is new the battery is new checked all conections gronds everything. Can't figure it out any. Please help.
  2. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

have you checked all your plow leads to make sure that there are no bare spots. i had an older truck that had the positive cable worn to the copper. when the wire would move just right when i moved the plow it would have a direct short to ground and would sometimes stall the truck.
  3. psdiesel24

psdiesel24 Member

I checked all the leads, it has nothing to do with the plow, if you take a battery tester and load the battery it will do it. I have checked the coil all the truck grounds, and the leads on the truck so. I need to get this fixed they have snow in the forcast for the next 4 out of 5 days.
  4. buddy jumper

get your buddy to hook up a set of jumper cables from another running truck
    (out of the way of your plow) and try the controls.

check the cable from the alt to the battery. bigger is better.
    an extra ground from the battery to frame ( I went back to the alt base).

see what that does,...
  5. psdiesel24

psdiesel24 Member

I put a new cable from the alt to battery and also the ground from battery to block.
  6. psdiesel24

psdiesel24 Member

Figured it out was fuel pump in the front tank only does it on the front tank not on the rear.