1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help!!!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ableroofing, Dec 1, 2007.

1. ableroofing

ableroofing Junior Member

We Have A Big Storm Comming And I Need To Put In A Extra Battery And Needed To Know If It Is In Line Or Separate From Existing Battery.
    Thanks For Any Reply

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Mount the second battery and simply connect the 2 batteries together, positive to positive and negative to negative (this would be parallel)

I'd also add an extra 2 gage ground wire from the second battery directly to the frame..the stock battery to frame grounds are usually undersized for the job.

3. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

X2. what he said. Also, it's best to have two matching batteries of the same exact size, make and age. That would mean buying two new now. I guess you can run a new one and an old one, but the old one will draw down the new one and neither will last as long, plus whatever it may do to your alternator.