1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help!

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by danny17, Jan 30, 2007.

1. danny17

danny17 Member

Tearing my plow down for a repaint, and everything has been sandblasted and heat baked. The problem is, I want to just paint the blade yellow again, but I want the components, such as the sector, A frame, lift frame, shoes etc... to stay black. The problem is how do I remove my sector from the plow blade itself? I pulled the lynch pins out of each side, but I am just hung up on how to get it out, or maybe it won't come out unless some cutting were involved? If it's too involved I'll just paint it yellow....Thanks for input in advance

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Well, instead of tearing it that far apart, why dont you just take off the easy stuff, then cover up the sector&a-frame with a tarp or something. Even if you still get a little overspray on the black, it aint that hard to cover up the yellow with a touch of black paint Just my $.02

3. danny17

danny17 Member

true, i guess im being a little anal about the whole thing but this puppy has got to look brand new...thanks thermos, i'm just gonna cover it and then touch it up

4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

You are welcome. I just couldnt see doing all that work to paint a snowplow. Whats worse is you would have been putting it back together and probably hit the blade with something and scratch it

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If your gonna go to all the work to disassemble the plow I'd highly recommend removing the pivot pin's and removing the sector from the blade.This will give you the opportunity to inspect and/or replace the pivot pin's and tube's and maybe replace the pin's with a greasable set. Doing it now will save considerable aggravation later if the pins and/or tube's turn out to be dry or rusty as these are a common "sore spot" on Meyer blade's.

6. danny17

danny17 Member

how would one go about removing the pivot pins?

thanks,
    dan

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Usually they are froze up in the sector and to remove them you need to heat the pivot tube cherry red and using a long drift punch and a large hammer, drive them out.If you look close there will be a hole in the sector to stick the drift through in order to drive them out. This is the reason I recommend to change them now while you have the plow disassembled as they can be a real bear to remove.