1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by soccerlawn, Dec 1, 2006.

1. soccerlawn

soccerlawn Member

I just got a 2500HD with a Western Plow already attached from the dealer.

It is the 7.6' Wester Pro with an Ultramount System, I followed the intructions for removing the plow but when I go to back up, the plow just drags along after me.

I'm confused someone help!!

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

Should have a kick stand on the plow where when you set it down it floats at a point where
    your truck will back out. It happens to me you also need to find a nice level hard spot to
    unhook too. Godd luck:salute:
  3. soccerlawn

soccerlawn Member

I have the two spring loaded shoes on the two side that drop down. Is there something else in the middle?

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

We use the BOSS plows and theirs has a drop shoe in the middle of the plow. You lower the plow down and drop the shoe so it will hold the weight so you can back out. Have you gone to western web site to check if your are forgetting anything. Dont worry you wil figure it out and you will get used to releasing it is allways difficult the first time.:salute:
  5. Mark@NBCTruck

Mark@NBCTruck Junior Member

Take a quick glance to make sure the hook isn't still grabbing the bar under the truck. Might have to push down on the stands a to make sure they locked and are holding up the plow. And make sure to unplug electrical!;)
  6. kubotazd21

kubotazd21 Member

I have the same truck 03, with the same plow setup. With the new chevy's setting so low in the front, unless I have my larger wheel/tire combo on, you might have to get a couple of 2 by 4, shift the truck in 4 wheel drive, to prevent the front wheel from pushing the board's, drive up on the board's which gives you a little more ground clearance. Pull the pins for the shoes, rotate the shoes all the way down until they pop into place. Make sore they lock into place. By rotating the shoes down, this unhooks the plow, unhook the 3 different electrical hookups, and back up. This should work..
  7. soccerlawn

soccerlawn Member

Thanks for all the replys.

I got it out by simply giving it some gas in reverse, because it has just been sitting on the dealers lot for a while some rust had formed around the edges. It just needed a little uumph to break it lose.

But I did use a 4x4 to simply pry up the front of the truck, just a little, to allow the one sides shoe to lock in the down position.

And I hooked it back up tonight without any prob., I am ready for the white stuff!!

Thanks agian for all the help!!!
  8. MStine315

MStine315 Senior Member

I sprayed the inside of the truck recievers and the plow side mounts with some WD, fluid film, (whatever was handy). This helped a lot, too.