1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BATTLIN_BLAZES, Sep 23, 2001.

1. BATTLIN_BLAZES

BATTLIN_BLAZES Member

I JUST PURCHASED A 2001 F-150 7700 SERIES TRUCK AND AM LOOKING FOR A RELIABLE PLOW FOR IT..IT WILL BE MOSTLY FOR PERSONAL USE..I WAS CONSIDERING A WESTERN POLY PLOW..IS THIS A GOOD CHOICE, BAD CHOICE, OR OTHER SUGGESTIONS?? THIS IS MY FIRST PLOW PURCHASE SO IM ALL EARS:confused:
    THANKS,
    BATTLIN_BLAZES

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

maybe you should also check out the fisher LD (light duty) plow, and i usually see a lot of f-150's with sno ways. not really familiar with the sno way, but fishers have a good reputation and are the same company as western.

3. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

I, myself have western blades on my trucks but there are many good brands out there and I'm sure the members will let you know their favorites.

Bruce

4. DaveK

DaveK Senior Member

Meyer suggests the STL 7.5 which weighs 469 lbs.

Meyer STL 7.5 (steel)

Western has a similar plow. LSX 72 (steel) which weighs 480 lbs. Westernplows.com

Any brand you go with looks like you are limited (safely) to under 500 lbs total weight.

The Western standard poly (USY 75) is 614 lbs. Your dealer could tell you if that could be used on your truck. If so, that would be my choice.

Dave

5. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

Blazes,
    I have had great luck with westerns on 1/2 ton Gms over
    the past 10 or so years....Your truck is a 1/2 ton right ?
    Check with your ford dealer. It is a no no now to plow
    with them now and they won"t honor your warranty if
    you break it.........Unless u have a real good friend at
    the dealer...Thats why i went to 3/4 ton THis time.........
    good luck keep us posted......................Geo

6. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I have noticed that many companies make plows specific for the F150. I think I would still somehow upgrade the suspension in order to handle the weight better.

7. BATTLIN_BLAZES

BATTLIN_BLAZES Member

MY F-150

THE F-150 I PURCHASED IS A 7700 SERIES WHICH IS JUST A F-150 WITH A HEVIER SUSPENSION, IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE RATED JUST SHORT OF A 3/4 TON PICKUP..THE DEALER SAYS THE WARRANTY APPLIES AS LONG AS ITS NOT DAMAGE CAUSED BY ABUSE..(RAMMING INTO ICE BANKS ETC..)THANKS FOR ALL THE ADVICE GUYS....HOPE TO HEAR MORE OPINIONS..BATTLIN_BLAZES

8. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

The 7700 F150 can handle the plow just fine,it is quite a bit beefier than the regular 150 in the front and rear axles.

9. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Fisher has some light and medium duty plows out, for that truck.

Talk to your local fisher dealer, the choice is up to you on the light duty or medium duty. I would get the medium duty, the mounts are the same and the dealer will never know the difference. I am pretty sure the medium duty is approved for your truck.

Geoff

10. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

I have a friend with a 2000 F-150 7700 gvw and he is running the st-90 meyer unit. My guess is that you should be able to run any 7.5' plow on that truck. Stay away from the ld series fisher they are junk, a travisty to the fisher name IMO.
    The poly western would be a great choice, with the new mounting system, on and off should be alot easier than the uni mount. You wont be able to run the 7.5 pro poly, but the regular duty poly should be fine.
    Dino