1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Mysticlandscape, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

I just went out to hook up the plow and my connections are all dirty and it wont work right, how should i clean the two plugs between the plow and the truck!!!! We are getting like over a foot tonight please help aSAP
  2. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Dirty how? Like mud, dust type dirt. Just use some soap and water. Rusty, scaly dirt? Use a pipe cleaner or even an S.O.S. pad on the connectors lightly. Be sure to dry very well after done cleaning with either method. Then be sure there are no remnants of cloth, SOS pad, etc on the connectors. Finally, apply some dielectric grease, connect and go make some money!!! payup

BTW, You should ALWAYS apply a little dielectric grease when connecting or disconnecting the plow. ALWAYS!!!

Good luck, Bob
  3. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

What about battery acid its a blue color i think thats what it is.
  4. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Are you talking on the plow plugs or the battery connections? If you have battery acid on the plow plugs you have trouble.

Use baking soda and water to neutralize the acid on the batteries they use a stiff brush to clean and terminal tools to clean the terminals.

The plow connections you can also use brake cleaner to remove grease and dirt then snad paper to clean the corrosion and regrease with dielectric grease.