1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Yoman, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Yoman

Yoman Junior Member
    from Toronto

Hi Guys
    I just got the 2001 Tundra came with 7.6" Western ( uni-mount ) , I can't remove the plow from my truck , Can you guys help for this . I'm allways is Fisher guy but this truck came with Western .
    Thanks for the help ....

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

instructions should be on the back of the blade.

If not, jack stand down with short pin through holes in a frame and jack,
    remove link arms (hold onto head gear, dont let fall down)
    adjust headgear to get long pin in top of jack and tabs on headgear
    remove large pins

3. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

If you have the uni-mount I found that it is easier to lower the blade down on a couple of bricks or something to raise it off the groung a couple of inches. When in the float position get out and press the lift cylinder the rest of the way down. This will give you some slack in the chain. Next drop the kick stand, pull the safty pins on the upper pins. With the slack in the chain you should be able to push on the light assembly towards the truck and the two upper pins should spring release and the light assembly will rotate forward. Then I usually use about a four foot 2x4 as a pry bar to releave any pressure on the main pins. Hope this helps.

4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

What crash said, only lower the blade first and take the tension off the chain by pulling on it.