1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help!

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by dyllan78, Jan 21, 2016.

1. dyllan78

dyllan78 Member

Hit my plow hard on highway and now it won't work. Only the yellow lights are on and nothing else.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Check all the connectors first?

3. dyllan78

dyllan78 Member

Power to remote kept coming on and off. I changed the solenoid even though I don't think that was the problem. Eventually it started working. Is there anything else I can check, I'm worried it's going to happen again. We have a blizzard coming this weekend and I can't afford to have any downtime.

4. dieselss

What powers the remote? Keyed ignition hot lead under the dash? Double check that

5. dyllan78

dyllan78 Member

Would that be a fuse that is part of a red wire?

6. dieselss

I can't say..never worked on a hiniker, but the concept is the same
    If that wire is what powers the controller, then I would say yes.

7. dyllan78

dyllan78 Member

Now that you said that. I twisted that apart to check it. It was good not blown. When I put it back together that's when everything started working again. Still can't understand how the bang from the outside could affect that. Thanks for getting back to me I really appreciate it.

8. quad cities

quad cities Junior Member

Look at connections aka plugs all of them, had to replace mine truck to plow used trailer style plugs. It was during ice storm, got truck home and found connection for control was also damaged from my spilled coffee from blade scaring crap out of me.

9. dyllan78

dyllan78 Member

The main problem with my truck is that it doesn't get enough air unless the plow is barely lifted. Last night i was flying down the highway and must have snagged something. I guess i will just keep it lifted higher from now on and drive slower.