1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

!!!help!!!

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by thinksnow85, Nov 8, 2015.

1. thinksnow85

thinksnow85 Junior Member

!!!help!!! PER PUSH

I have been plowing for myself for the past 3 years. I have a new customer that wants a per push price. However, I need to protect myself as I am new at bidding and I don't want to be screwed on these big storms. I need to set a minimum so they are aware and/or I don't be told come at the end of the storm or come every 8 inches. Does this seam fair?!?!?

Example:
    1.1-5.1 inches 1 visit
    5.2-9.2 inches 2 visits
    9.3-12 inches 3 visits????

what about after 12 inches???

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  2. Meezer

Meezer Senior Member
    from Indiana

What part of Illinois of are you in? What is the average snowfall in your area?

3. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

i have never done it and this is the first time i have ever been in a per trip contract but this is how they did it.
    2"-3.9": $75
    4-5.9:$140
    6-7.9:$200

those prices are just random examples. and I wouldnt ever let my properties get over 8" so you can keep going to be safe but it would be quite rough plowing that much.

4. thinksnow85

I am mostly in dupage county (Carol Stream) area and some cook county (des Plaines). We average 2-4 inches an event. It all depends, it Chicago weather it's unpredictable.

5. thinksnow85

I am talking about per push not per event.

6. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

that would be per push. If i show up and there is 2.5 inches i charge $75. if i go again that day and there is 5 inches i charge another $140.

7. thinksnow85

If its per push its the same rate everytime you come out

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You need to tell them how you work before you give out pricing.

9. awhip

awhip Member

So if it snows 10" you bill for $415?

10. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Are we talking about residential or commercial customers

11. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

All weather is unpredictable.

12. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

You are pricing by the inch if you're breaking it down that way. Per push would be every 2" i charge $20 (example). 4" is ($40), so on and so on. 2" would be your trigger and you would try to be there to plow each time there i 2" (although not always nessecary due to night, you are elsewhere on route, etc.)

For someone who has been plowing your yourself, I am guessing you mean your own driveway and not other customers I hope :dizzy: