1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by amar1110, Jul 6, 2015.

1. amar1110

amar1110 Junior Member

brand new to this forum-just getting started again plowing=need some information or advice-thinking of a ford ranger for driveways only-my driveway alone is 250 feet and i am sick of snow blowing-used to plow with a 1968 bronco and 6 and a half foot western plow. am looking to stay with a small truck--thanks

2. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

Welcome to plowsite! There is definitely a lot of great info on here. I have seen some rangers with UTV plows on them. With this set up though, especially on a larger storm, you may have to plow your driveway multiple times so the snow doesn't build up and pushes your truck around. Go out around every 3-5 inches and you'll be fine. You may want to provide a little more info on your drive, paved or gravel? Up hill or down hill? Curvy? good luck! Hopefully more people will share their insight and help you out.