1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help!

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by DJ Contracting, Jan 6, 2015.

1. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

7.6 straight RT3 started acting weird at the tail end of this last storm then now it won't raise, or angle left or right. I can hear the solenoid click when trying to move the plow. Any suggestions?

2. NLMCT

NLMCT Senior Member
    from CT

drain the fluid check for water in the cylinders and refill with new fluid

3. DJ Contracting

I forgot to mention this which I believe is crucial information

The plow would jerk to the right and also angle to the right spontaneously wether plowing or driving. I would have to push the left control just to stop it from angling. Anyway I'm going to pull it the garage throw some heat on and then pull the cover off and see if any of the wire are corroded, and change the fluid.

4. sogreen01

sogreen01 Junior Member
    from MI

I was having the same issue (without the jerking), cleaned all connections and everything was fine afterwards.

5. DJ Contracting

Thanks I'll give it a try

6. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

Sounds like connection issue. I've had them do some pretty wacky stuff when one of those wires was loose or corroded.

7. DJ Contracting

So I went through the wire connectors, grounds, changed the fluid, and talked to a Boss tech. With that all being said it didn't change a thing. The Tech told me to check the valve where the two solenoids are, I told him that I'd check it tmrw, as I was just out in 7 degree weather and was trying to warm up. I thought that the issue was in the controller, so I called my nephew who plows for another company and asked him if I could try out his Boss controller (process of elimination). We took a trip to Saginaw which is where the truck is located and tried the controller, low and behold it work perfectly. Now either I figure out what wrong with the controller, or buy a new one here locally as we have another storm coming Thursday into Friday. Who's me luck.