1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by almindigo, Aug 5, 2014.

1. almindigo

almindigo Junior Member
    from wadena

Help. Wiring Harness. 06 Chevy 2500HD

I have a 2006 chevy 2500 HD. Starting from scratch. Have the 8ft 6in straight blade Western plow. What do I need for wiring to make this work? Again no existing plow anything installed. From what i gather this unimount wiring harness was discontinued in 2012. Hoping I'm wrong. Any help appreciated.
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

So is it a unimount?
  3. almindigo

almindigo Junior Member
    from wadena

Can't seem to reply so if this posts a bunch sorry. ...yep its a unimount.
  4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Best answer is to try one on the sponcers listed on the site. They could get you going in the right direction
  5. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

All the wiring for uni-mount is still available, it's the truck side mounts that are no longer available. Here is a link to the electrical parts poster. Assuming you still have the two plug relay system you most of what you need will be on this poster. http://library.westernplows.com/westernplows/pdffiles/29013.04_110109_for_Web.pdf
    First thing you need to do is identify what plug system you have. There are two possibilities for you unit: 9 and 12 pin. You have two grill plugs on the plow, one will have two large pins (switched battery power) while the other plug will have all small pins. Just count how many pins are in that plug, 9 or 12. The only difference between these systems is that the 12 has separate wires for right and left headlights. The 9 pin shares a wire for high beam and another for low beam (both sides).
    If you have no wiring for the truck you will need:
    1. motor relay / solenoid
    2. short + power cable that goes from Batt + to power relay
    3. motor power grill plug and cable that goes to batt - and power relay output
    4. control / headlight relay harness (9 or 12 pin) that goes from grill to cab controller
    5. headlight harness that goes from headlights to the control / relay harness, this will be the hard one to find but you can run the plow without this
    6. joystick or handheld controller

An expensive alternative would be to switch the plow over to a three plug system with what they call the isolation module... That would make the parts selection easier but would cost significantly more. In that case you would need all new cables for the plow too. Probably not a viable option.
  6. almindigo

almindigo Junior Member
    from wadena

Great and thank you!
  7. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

I have the truck mount used for sale if your interested?