1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice
  1. backupbuddy

backupbuddy Senior Member

I'm thinking about purchasing the 2yrd salt dogg poly sander. My question is after talking to the dealer has anybody ran Magic Salt through it? How did it work?

2. backupbuddy

Well purchased the Salt Dog 2.2 and finally got to use it twice this week and got to say I love this thing. I like how you can dial the flow of the material so much better than my old torwell but hey cant complain that thing took care of me for 10 years, but it was time to make the move. does awesome with the magic salt. all ready put lights on it.

3. nepatsfan

nepatsfan Senior Member

i was wondering this too. I have the 2250 but I was looking to purchase a smaller one too.

4. backupbuddy

if you are wondering how it did with the Magic salt it works incredible I cut my salt use in 1/2 and some storms I cut it down by 3/4. I love how you can dial the auger and spinner in. just make sure your getting the real magic I got some that they said it was and it solidified in the hopper not fun chipping it out that was the last time I got it from there. Magic will not freeze down to -30 degrees. love the real magic. it took me a couple years to figure out how to use it to my advantage. Thumbs Up

5. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Got any pics of your lights on it? I need to put some on mine and am looking for some ideas.

6. nepatsfan

nepatsfan Senior Member

do you have the 2250 or the 2000 backup buddy?

7. nepatsfan

nepatsfan Senior Member

I have a picture of what we did with ours harleyjeff

8. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

I've got the 1.5 nepatsfan. Could you possibly post them? It would be appreciated.

9. backupbuddy

I have the 2250