1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mcs lawn rescue, Nov 28, 2003.

1. mcs lawn rescue

mcs lawn rescue Junior Member

Im new to the plowing world, well new only to the fact if you can help ill be new!! so here is the deal i have a 1986 GMC 2500 and a plow from a 1982 dodge. does anyone have any idea if i can put the plow on the truck??

all help is very appreciated

chris:D

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

For the most part you can use the blade, but the mount and parts of the wiring harness will not fit. More info on the type of plow and what mounting system it is using will make it easier to head you in the right direction.

3. mcs lawn rescue

the plow is a meyer plow i dont know anymore only due to the fact that i have never owned aplow before. if you tell me what to look for ill give the info.

chris

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

You will have to buy a mount for your truck but i am thinking the wiring harness for the headlights will work because both trucks ran a 2B/2D headlight. The power unit, controls and motor relay will work for any truck.

Do you have anything else other than the blade?

5. mcs lawn rescue

i have everything!! i just dont know where to get a maount for it i called places aroung me any they wanted likee 1000 for just them mount, then said they wouldent be able to get it for like 3 months.

chris

6. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

Don't know if you've already done this, but you can always try e-Bay, or have you tried calling a dealer yet?

I would think some dealer would be able to get you a mount. Maybe try the manufacures web site and look for a list of dealers.

:confused: