1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Jewell1386, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Jewell1386

Jewell1386 Senior Member

I have a snow way snow plow MT series it is about 7 years old, one day it just quite working took it to the dealer and diag is a new module and controller for a wopping 700.00 dollars my dad uses the plow for his drive the dealler said I could try and find a used module and use that for the mean time. Unless some has a way to bypass this retarted module. Thre reason it is so expensive is that my module is the old style and new one requires a new moduale and remote.

2. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

I know nothing about that brand of plow but what exactly is in the module? Is it just relays? You could always fab one up with relays or, If so there is a relay pack you can buy at surplus center (www.surpluscenter.com) for 159 bucks.

3. Jewell1386

Jewell1386 Senior Member

it looks like a rectangle module about the size a 5x7 picture and it is a circuit board inside but i did just find someone with the old style module but it is still expensive. All i got to say to my dad is if it aint red it aint right

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

send a PM to Basher
    he may know of something

5. Jewell1386

Jewell1386 Senior Member

well i found one only 2 hours of internet searching and $365.00 later got one on order. WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER SNOW WAY PLOW AGAIN

6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

ummm....all plows will have a problem of some kind

7. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

daayumm! I hope that solves your issues Thumbs Up

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

So the plow worked fine for seven years and then a part broke and your pissed:dizzy: that's pretty good relibility I think.:nod: You obviously have never bought much in the way of Snowplow parts ,check the cost of others controlers, isolation modules, etc.