1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ChevyHDkid45, Oct 30, 2010.

1. ChevyHDkid45

ChevyHDkid45 Member

I am putting in a bid for snow removal for city sidewalks. I have about 6,665 feet of walk. I am wondering what you guys charge by the foot. All the sidewalks are between 4 and 5 feet wide. I was thinking around 15 cents per foot. But i am really not sure at all. Any help would be great.

2. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

i don't price out sidewalk in those kind of numbers, all our municipal stuff is done by the city itself, but your numbers look pretty good to me, how are you planning on doing these walks?

3. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

All I can say is be careful. City bids I have looked at only pay per event. In you area I could see some large snowfalls in your future. Cities around hear expect bare pavement-so if you need chemical to get there, again on you. Then the liability issue, What kind of area and traffic? Government offices have the highest slip and fall rate nationally. We do tons of walks and turn down city and parks dept. work. At least hospitals will per their worth.

4. ChevyHDkid45

ChevyHDkid45 Member

All the sidewalks are for a association. Its a 135 home neighborhood and its the sidewalks running through the neighborhood. I will be getting paid through the association not the city sorry for the misunderstanding there guys. Everything will be a monthly contract and going off last years records it will be around 15 events.

5. ChevyHDkid45

ChevyHDkid45 Member

I have a smaller 743 bobcat so i could use that for most of them. If not, i am thinking abou putting a plow on my fourwheeler or getting a snowblower for my exmark lazer z