1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by plumberjohn, Oct 24, 2010.

1. plumberjohn

plumberjohn Junior Member

New to plowing, bought a Western 7'6" Pro Plow with a Iser Mark IIIa on it. I don't have any idea what type truck it was on previously. I plan to mount it to a 2000 Chevy 2500 4x4 as a designated plow truck which will only plow our dirveway from hell. I would appreciate any help from you all regarding mounts and ideas. I don't want to put any more $$ if not necessary--could I make my own mounts and/or permanetly mount it to the truck

2. DaytonBioLawns

DaytonBioLawns Banned
    from 45458

take it to a dealer or look up the mount on their online mount matcher thing....most companies have one that will list what mount parts are needed for each vehicle. See if it fits ur vehicle. If it doesn't put the old mount/wiring up for sale and order the right stuff from a dealer.....if you have no experience and no one helping, I'd rec. that you get a local Western dealer to install it. If you need anything else like parts or spreaders try to bundle it to get a discount. Install prices for plows not purchased from the dealer are kinda high. Let us know how it works for you this winter!

3. plumberjohn

we researched what mount we have and it is model 970 for a 2wd dodge D200-250/300-350. now what we need to do is find or make mounting brackets to adapt it to the Chevy--right??

4. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

yes u would need to measure the frame of the truck and the plow frame to adapt :mechanic:

5. DaytonBioLawns

DaytonBioLawns Banned
    from 45458

No offense here, but if he isn't experienced he should just get a new mount and have it put on.......You can waste a lot of $$ trying to fab stuff up if he is gonna get tools and materials......and then spend hours on it. I think if you went new from the dealer mount installed and wired up for you, that you would be talking less than 1 grand. I think it would be around 700 bucks........

Not sure on the price but if your gonna spend 20 hours fabbing something and then if you mess up.....and also if your own stuff has a failure, who covers it? Dealer install can be worth it.

6. plumberjohn

Thanks all--found a local dealer (we live in a remote area) so will talk to them this week and go forward. Also have a welder/fabricator friend if we decide to go that route. Will keep you updated and may have some parts to sell. Gotta hurry as we are supposed to get SNOW this week--once it starts it doesn't stop until April-May
    Mrs Plumberjohn