1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by koosh925, Oct 22, 2010.

1. koosh925

koosh925 Junior Member

Ok so I hooked up my plow yesturday to see that my lights on the plow only go on when I move the plow. When I stop moving the plow they go off. My friend suggested that I buy a new power cable and a repair kit for the boss and clean up all the ground connections does this sound right for the issue that I am having.

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Checking all plugs for corrosion and tightnes sounds like a great place to start to me.

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

dont forget to put di-electris grease on all electricl connectors

4. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

:thumbsup: :salute:

5. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Sounds to me you have your plow light switch wires somehow crossed with your control wires......I would start by tracing from the plow light switch back and making sure its hooked up correctly.

6. koosh925

koosh925 Junior Member

i'm hoping its the plug. I have to put on a new 13 pin on the plow side tomorrow so I am hoping that will fix the problem. Thanks

7. koosh925

koosh925 Junior Member

I have to put a 13 pin plug instead of a 11 pin cause my truck has a 13 pin harness on it. Is there anywhere online that shows a diagram of how to do this. If memory serves me correct the are a few wires that are not the same color.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

When the plow lamps don't work do you lose both high and low beam? Parking lights too?

9. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

im pretty sure you can use a 11 pin on a 13 pin hrness!

10. koosh925

koosh925 Junior Member

the parking lights stay on. but the head lights only go on when my plow moves.

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you haven't changed anything either on the truck or plow side then you have a ground issue. The 11 pin's don't have a dedicated lamp ground through the bumper connector, they're grounded via the plow side. Never hurts to add one with the 13 pin plow side repair plug you're already sourcing, it's already there on the truck side anyway.