1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help your truck carry a bigger plow.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ProSeasons, Feb 12, 2010.

1. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

If this item has been discussed before please forgive me. If it is posted in the wrong section of the forum, I hope it can be moved.

What do you guys think of this little rig? Now I can put an 8611 on my Grand Cherokee, Lol.

God, I'm tired. I'm going to bed. If it snows, somebody do my lots.

http://www.stingerhitch.com/blade.html

2. z400

z400 Member

Thats not going to help carry anything.

Only thing that is going to do is make it easier to push your plow.

3. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

You will get more capacity simple phyics........................... Lighter wallet = lighter truck

$629 what a deal

4. lumps

lumps Senior Member

Or, you could buy a wheel at Tractor Supply for like $30, haha.

5. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

lots of DOT and municipal trucks have those, but im sure they came from the plow mfg. and they are used instead of plow shoes, i dont think the wheels are in contact with the road when the plow is up.

6. z400

z400 Member

They arent, and neither are the ones above the OP posted.

7. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Rolling plow shoes? Creative? Expensive... :eek:

8. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Might have to try these out, I can always send them back if they don't work. I love innovation. Be nice if these could 'carry' the majority of the plows weight during transport. Easier on my truck.

I use the trailer version everyday at work, I work for Fed Ex. Called a converter dolly. Makes towing a double better behaved than a straight 53 footer. The lateral leverage is less on two 29 foot trailers than one big one. I jacknifed my rear trailer coming from the hub in Toledo. The dolly and front trailer and tractor all stayed straight. Wasn't even that big a deal.

I dunno, maybe. We'll see...

9. pohouse

pohouse Senior Member

These are for municiple size plows. My 10' Monroe has steel casters. Same idea. The wheels act like shoes, saving blade wear. The wheels are not designed to support a plow in the up position. I've found them to be problematic. Back dragging is terrible. You have to adjust them (just like shoes) periodically to ensure your blade edge is on the ground. I've backed them all the way off so they aren't even in use on my plow.
    I love the "tremendous fuel savings" posted on the site. Ha Ha. I'd like to see that study......

10. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

The hell-ya hitch adapter looks like a good product.. Just a different take on a weight distributing hitch i guess. Looks like It would work great. And the plow version I'm sure works wonders too. Taking weight and stress off the truck and cutting edge

11. z400

z400 Member

What?

Are we talking about the same thing here?

12. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

don't just look at the plow version. look at the hitch version. Ya it's just a wheel or two w / a spring, but I understand it's purpose. NO way in hell would I buy one, just sayin

13. z400

z400 Member

Yes, the hitch mount does look legit.
    However, that would be intended with the carrying of salt, not a plow.

So still.. lol

14. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

I dunno, the wheels are on oshkosh plows, but those things are 20 feet or so wide, so i can understand that. The hitch thing seems to be a decent yet overpriced idea