1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with wording of contract (Damages)

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Rum Runner, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Rum Runner

Rum Runner Junior Member

I have a new Customer that I will be plowing 7 parking lots. They have made payments . I put up stakes and they told me to take them out.
    My question is............
    1) how should I word my contract.... that I am NOT responsible for damage to their property, if they dont want markers. There are fire hydrants right on the edge of the pave in these lots. We get really high drifts here in New Brunswick.

2) Is it possible to word the contract so they would be responsible for damages..... If I tear up my plow and/or truck, because they dont want markers.
    :help:

Thanks for any and all help

2. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

you wont get them to be responsible for your truck or plow, maybe thier lot. try something like this

Customer is responsible for any damages to property unless markers are used.
    or
    xxx plowing will not be liable for damages to property if customer refuses the placement of markers.
    or
    xxx plowing will place markers on your property to safely mark plowing areas, if customer does not want markers to be used, the customer understands & accepts that xxx plowing will not be responsible for damages to property.
    make them sign next to where you say they dont want to use markers.