1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with Wiring Harness PN#s ???

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Damonic, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Damonic

Damonic Junior Member

New user here and new to plowing as well. I bought a used Western 8' straight blade along with the truckside mount for my 2000 Silverado 1500. I also found a handheld controller online for a good price.

However, I'm confused as to what wiring harnesses I need for the truck to complete the installation. I believe I need 61437 but don't know about the lights. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Welcome to PS. :waving:

Need more details on what we're working with here first...

Unimount?
    Ultramount?
    2 plug?
    3 plug?

All you currently have is the controller and the plow itself, along with the mount correct? No other wiring?

3. justgeorge

justgeorge Senior Member

I may have some parts to help you out - came off a 03 Chevy 2500. I had to get new headlight harnesses for my '07 which then meant a different isolation module cause no one had the harnesses I needed. So I've got a 4 port 3 plug isolation module part number 27779 and two headlight harnesses part number 26291 and 26290. Not sure if the headlight harness from an '03 2500 fits a '00 1500 but probably. Also another harness part number 22413. You would still need the main system control harness is all. Contact me offline via a PM if you figure out these parts would help.

George

4. Damonic

Damonic Junior Member

Thanks B&B! I apologize for the lack of details, usually I'm pretty thorough but have been losing my mind between moving to a new place and having our first child. To clarify, I've been piecing this plow together gradually as I'm on a tight budget (see above) and this is just for personal use on my property.

It is a Uni-Mount but I don't know whether its a 2 or 3 plug, I'll have to check when I get home. And correct, all I have is the plow, truck mount, cab commander controller, and no other wiring. Also, how do I figure out the headlight style of my Chevy? I believe its referred to as the "classic" look with the 4 headlamps but I don't know about the HB3/HB4 deal.

George - Thanks for the offer, I'll let you know once I know what I have and need.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it's a Uni it'll be a two plug setup...unless someone changed it somwhere along its life span of course.

To positively identify the lights simply look on the lens, they will be marked. Should say "HB3" on the one and "HB4" on the other if their the composite four bulb setup.

6. hummah2

hummah2 Junior Member

B&B maybe you can help me out!! I have a ultramount on a F250 1994, and Im going to switch it over to a Ford F250 2001, I was told that it will work and its just a matter of moving everything over? Any thoughts is this true, or is there a way for me to find out for sure ???

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

As long as they both have the same style head lights yes its a simple swap.

If the headlights are not the same (one is HB5 and the other is 2B1 for example) then you'll need a different head light plug in harness but otherwise your good to go.

8. hummah2

hummah2 Junior Member

transfer

thanks alot, they are the same headlights.!!!

9. hummah2

hummah2 Junior Member

last question, like i mentioned they are the same lights but everyone keeps saying that it only works till 99 or something ?

Let me know if this is true, Im going from a 1994 to a 2001.
    Same headlights.

macktuff@aol.com

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

No it will work if the lights are the same.

Doesn't even matter if its a two or three plug Ultra...they both use the same headlight plug in harness if its a two plug, and/or the same Isolation module and plug in harness's as well if its the later three plug system.

So your good. :waving:

11. hummah2

hummah2 Junior Member

Alrighty will give it a shot, someone told me it will only work till like 99 or something but sounds good will give it a shot thanks!!!!

12. delawnman

delawnman Junior Member

wiring solution

Dude, just go to westernplows.com. They have a tab that you can punch your truck into and it'll tell you exactly what you need. Good luck.

13. Damonic

Damonic Junior Member

Because they only give you PN# for the current Ultra mounts, not discontinued products like the Uni mount like I have.

I confirmed that the headlights are indeed HB3/HB4... so what PN#'s am I going to need?

Unimount 8' Pro
    Cab commander handheld controller
    2000 Chevy 1500 with HB3/HB4 lights

14. delawnman

delawnman Junior Member

Try calling these guys, Beam Mack 607 733-4606. I wqould call them for you but they're gonna have questions i cant answer for you. Lemmee know how it works out.

15. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like you don't have an confidence in your fellow Plowsite members. ;)

For your Unimount equipped '99-'02 HB3/HB4 equipped Silverado you need headlight plug in harness p/n: 26071 :salute:

16. Damonic

Damonic Junior Member

26071... got it. What about the main harness? Do I need something additional/different for the Cab Commander?

17. delawnman

delawnman Junior Member

No- the cab commander is a direct replacement for the joystick control. Important questions to ask about part numbers for the light harness: is this an isolation module harness or the old relay boxes? also, what about DRL's? I dont lack confidence in any of you.

18. Brad Ent

Brad Ent Junior Member
    from CT

Western 3 or 4 plug isolator

We just purchased a used ultra mount for an 01 Silverado and we need to purchase the isolation module and headlight/signal harnesses.
    The manual that came with the unit indicates the Isolation module is p/n 26400 (four port)
    However, Western Quick Match indicates Isolation module p/n 29070 (three port) and headlight harness p/n 29048
    What's the difference??

B&B thanks for your input!!!

19. justgeorge

justgeorge Senior Member

Brad,
    See my post above - I probably have the parts you need. 4 port isolation module and the headlight harnesses plus another harness. Ultra mount, came off a '03 Silverado. Only harness I don't have is the main harness that has the relay and the connection to the Cab command.

George

20. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The 3 port is the newest system, the four port is the previous system. If what you have now is 4 port then thats what you want to stick with. Will be more cost effective than updating to the current 3 port setup.