1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with Wiring Harness Install

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Troybaseball21, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Troybaseball21

Troybaseball21 Member
    from Ohio

The wire harness is pretty self explanatory, but pertaining to where the wire go on the solenoid I'm a little Lost. I can tell where the power wire's go, but there are 3 or 4 little white wires, trying to figure out where they go. If anyone has any pictures or insight on this that would be great. Just info this is a 2008 9'2" V-Plow that I'm getting ready to install.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Your small whites go on one small stud on the solenoid and your brown goes on the other. Doesn't matter which ones you choose.

3. Troybaseball21

Troybaseball21 Member
    from Ohio

Thank ya for that. I found the schematics also so that will help as well.

4. Troybaseball21

Troybaseball21 Member
    from Ohio

Pertaining to the turn signal and parking lights, I'm having trouble figuring out which wires are which? Any insight would be great. For both the passenger and driver side.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

On the plow or truck harness?

Don't know what you're installing it on but the plow side would be:

L turn: Purple
    R turn: Pink
    Markers: Yellow

6. Troybaseball21

Troybaseball21 Member
    from Ohio

Truck Side. Its on the truck in my signature. 05 Dodge. I need to figure out which wire is which on the truck itself to splice in the truck harness to the truck.

7. Troybaseball21

Troybaseball21 Member
    from Ohio

Pertaining to the solenoid power wires. Does it matter which one goes on which side? From the battery to the solenoid, and solenoid to the plow.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Depending on which side marker light you're tying the purple wire into..
    • L marker: white/yellow
    • R marker: white/grey

Turns:
    • L turn: white/light green
    • R turn: white/tan
    Double verify these with a test light as Dodge enjoyed changing the wire colors mid year for no good reason. :rolleyes:

Makes no difference, either stud is fine.

9. Troybaseball21

Troybaseball21 Member
    from Ohio

Thanks. That made it easy. I used a voltmeter and think i have it figured out as well. The blacks are the grounds, ( looks like there is a brown line on them), the middle wire is for the parking (which is the same color you mentioned), and the other one is for the turn. I think I'm good. Appreciate all the help.

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Good deal glad you got it all connected. Hope you used plenty of shrink wrap and/or di-electric grease for max long term corrosion protection.