1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with Wiring a mini light bar

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by TheYardBarber, Oct 18, 2014.

1. TheYardBarber

TheYardBarber Member

I just got the strobesnmore ebar360. It has the magnetic feet with the cigarette lighter.

I didn't want to perminately mount the light to my truck, but now I would like to wire it perminately.

What I would want to do is wire it through the brake light. Then I'm guessing through the headliner to the battery.

I want to know what kind of wire to buy to do this. Or do I need a bunch of separate wires for each color? Also what I plan to do it have a connector behind the brake light so I can disconnect the light whenever I would like by just replacing the brake light .

Also can I read somewhere that I can wire it to the cargo light in my brake light. That way I'd have a switch for it and no real wiring needed. If I were to do that how would I change the pattern?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

How many lights are you controlling?
    Is it led?

3. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

i wouldnt wire it to the dome light even with it fused :nono:.
    i always come from the battery directly fused (20amp) or recommended amp. coming thru the firewall . in a ford ,theres a small hole below the steering wheel you can fish wire thru.
    a momentary switch changes the pattern . that should be a white wire .

4. TheYardBarber

TheYardBarber Member

Yeah I'm not going to.. It sounds kind of sketchy and half assed. Plus when I unlock my truck it'll probably turn the light on which would be annoying.

I'm thinking of just extending the current wire ( cigarette lighter outlet) and going through the third brake light then down the side pillar in the back seat then under the floor mat to the center console.

I figure this would be the easiest way to do it and it will be easy to remove after the season by just replacing the third brake light.

Personally I don't want to take apart my trucks interior without knowing
    where clips are and stuff. I'll probably end up breaking something which will cost more time and money down the road.

5. TheYardBarber

TheYardBarber Member

Just 1 light. It's a led light bar

6. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

i ran my led wiring from the batt to the cab w/ a momentary switch , under the dash to the drivers side rocker , drilled a hole thru the rear of my cab drivers side , fished thru the bed to the rear .
    you can just ride up the interior cab and disassemble the third brake light to send your wires out ending them there ........JMO

7. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Led light, easy. No heavy wire or relay needed. And only a low amp switch and fuse needed.
    What make and model trk

8. TheYardBarber

TheYardBarber Member

It's a strobes n more ebar360. I am just making the current wire longer so I can hide it. Then tomorrow when the Sun is out I am going to drill a hole through the third brake light and run it down the inside of the pillar behind the rear seat. then connect the wires. hopefully all goes well

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014