1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help with wirin issue

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by TazLandscapes, Dec 9, 2010.

1. TazLandscapes

TazLandscapes Senior Member

i have a 2001 dodge 2500 with an 8ft diamond with an e57h motor. and i took it out of storage today,and it wouldnt do anything. I checked the fuse inside the truck for the controller and all it did everytime i turned the truck on it popped a new fuse everytime.it worked fine back in june when i put it away in storage.And i put a screwdriver up to the solenoid it made the plow turn left.idk whats going on with it and need some help. Thanks mike

2. geer hed

geer hed Senior Member

If it's popping the fuse everytime you try to power it up you have a dead short someplace. you need to trace the wires very carefully and find where it's touching metal and shorting out. As far as the plow turning left when you jumped the solenoid, That is normal. Anytime you run the pump and no coils on the pump are energized the plow will go left.

3. TazLandscapes

i worked on it for a little bit today.i got the controller to light up but everytime i push any button on the controller the little red light comes on.I popped a new fuse in it before anything and i got the pump to raise a little bit just enought to make the chains snug.and i have gone throught the whole electrical on it and didnt see any knicked wires or anything.but there is some play where the wires go into the controller itself.

4. geer hed

geer hed Senior Member

Well I havent seen it but it is possible that the problem is inside the controller. try takin it apart and see if you find anything. Let me know I never took one of the touch pad controls apart yet. But I think it has a small circuit board inside.

5. TazLandscapes

i got my plow workin today, all it was is a bad ground on the solenoid.but when i was lookin over some stuff in the motor, the left side blue connector that connects for my plow lights and headlights was laying there.idk how it came off but the wires corroded right out of it.can i buy just the connecters themselves or rewire it myself or do i have to buy new wiring kit.

6. geer hed

geer hed Senior Member

I havent seen the diamond wiring harnesses but if they are the same as the meyers which I believe they are, they don't sell just a plug but you can get sections of the harness. Thats is one of a few bad designs is all the plug conections they have in their harnesses, WAY to many. Every time you have a plug thats another spot for amp loss and another spot for corrosion. Or you could bypass the plug and join the wires together but that can be a pain if you need to replace part of the harness later on.

7. TazLandscapes

it is a meyer harness.And i looked online tonite and right now i just cant afford to purchase a new harness, what would be the easier way to hook them up so i can have haeadlights on the truck and plow. cuz i have no headlight on my truck at all,would a trailer plug setup work and just splice into the harness itself. I plan on replacing it totally in the spring when i get back workin

8. geer hed

geer hed Senior Member

Does this have the plug on the bumper that is kinda rectangular shaped, that has all the wires going through it ? and if so is this that the plug where the wire is corroded off ? Also which lights are you using, are they the nite sabers or the after market style.

9. TazLandscapes

i have nite saber lights and i do have the square plug that connects for the whole plow. but that setup is fine the one that coroded was inside the hood and it had two blue connecters on it and i believe it just goesinto the main wiring harness for the truck. the one that corroded hooked into my headlight i beleive, from the meyer harness and runs both my headlights and plowlights.

10. geer hed

geer hed Senior Member

OK that should go back to the light control modules befor it get to the factory light plug. If the plug is behind the grill or between the big bumper plug and the control module, then sure you can either eliminate the plug and connect the wires together, or use a different type plug. If it's between the plug for the factory lights and the control module you should still be able to do with no problem. I just wouldn't recomend anything that will hack up the factory harness or plug.